Friday, May 29, 2009

The Book Thief


On the website 'oldmustybooks.com' there is a featured review of 'The Book Thief.' It is excellent, and I agree mostly with the author. I also didn't want to finish, because I knew how it would end and I had found myself cheering on the young heroine, and I savored every last page, hoping against hope the end would change. It certainly cries out to be read by every English and History class because of its realistic description of everyday life for children in Germany during WWII. I think every parent, that still has kids at home, would find it an inspiration; and what a unique gift for parents to read the book to or with their kids! ENJOY!

This afternoon, Gram and I, will be driving to the biggest city in Michigan to see some of our grandkids. We got word last night that our southern kids/grandkids arrived home safely in Alabama after spending time with us this week, and we thank God for their traveling mercies!

No comments:

Post a Comment