Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nothing Like Family

Tonight, at the Adult Bible Study, we are focusing on Mark 3:31-35. This is where Jesus is confronted by the religious leaders and accused of being under the influence of Satan; Jesus' family comes to rescue him, and Jesus refuses their help. In refusing their help, many have interpreted Jesus has being caustic to his family's efforts - and nothing could be further from the truth. As I think about how instead of DIMINISHING the concept of family Jesus is instead ENLARGING the family, I give thanks for my spiritual family. ThE past two year's journey for my Masters in Spiritual Formation was truly one of the 'highlights' of my life! In addition to all my learning, spiritual forming and new perspectives, I have to say one of the greatest benefits were my cohort-mates. Hopefully we have formed bonds that will last through eternity. Kathy, Kendra, Sylvia, Becky - the last queen of Indiana, Don, Cal, Ryan, Matt, Martin, Rodger, Arvin, Craig, Brian, David, Rudy & James are friends forever.

Sometimes I believe it is as easy to forget, and take for granted, the preciousness of our spiritual family as well as our dna family. Today, my Alabama side of the family leaves for home in the deep south, after a family pit stop in Illinois. The blogs that some of my friends have listed on this site are quite interesting, especially the ones that talk about their families!! [As you've already noted I have a tendency to jump from subject to subject without warning or introduction] Time to go, guess I'll call my mom and see how she and grandma are doing today. They only live two hours away and sometimes I'm not a very attentive son; I'd hate to hear what the Apostle Paul might say about that laxity.
-eutychus2

No comments:

Post a Comment