Monday, July 12, 2010

Just a Highlight!

This past weekend I went to a Family Reunion of cousins. I say cousins because the 'original' brothers and sisters have passed one. It was a wonderful time for me as I sat with older cousins who told stories that I either was young to remember, or had not appeared on the scene yet. It was great; they also told a couple of stories that I could vaguely associate with, stories I had repeated but when pressed by my family couldn't really verify .......... but now I can. And the 'new' stories that I have can now tell about - it was just one fun time. Email addresses were passed around and the desire to have more frequent family reunions was expressed. I'm going to start journaling some of those stories so that I don't lose them, my memory is much to unreliable to depend on!!. My mother, one of two remaining 'in-laws' in my father's generation had a wonderful time, and there was an aora of respect around her since she was one of the two remains matriarchs - that was cool.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a family reunion in probably over a decade. I wasn't able to a time or two and it has just been that long since the last one. But all that changes with one coming up here in August and it is the Baker line which I've done a lot of blogging about recently. I can't wait.

    I also look forward to reading your stories when you get them posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy hearing such stories from the older generation--get them written down so they can be passed on! Soon, we'll be the old ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed.....make sure you make that reunion, and sit by the older ones!

    Sage....I think I am already one of the old ones; maybe subconsciously that's why I sat by my much, much older cousins; a couple of them were sitting with my mom, they could be my parents..gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete