Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gone, gone, gone!

I have previous to today's visit to the podiatrist been the notorious owner of a couple of the worlds 'most fungused' big toe nails. The doc told me I had some alternatives to care for the situation; 1] just trim the nails back - nope, tried that a year ago and it didn't work, 2] Take pills for three months, only a 75% guarantee they would work, plus the outside possibility you could get liver/kidney complications -nope, I wasn't going there, 3] just remove the toe nails, never to return again. Now this last option I could live with. For years the 'good wife' has instigated my grandkids to look at 'gramps toe's' ... then they would shrek in horror; now I've got the upper hand - wait until I show them my big toes without a toe nail, that should raise some interesting questions. I was in and out of the doctor's office, including the removal of the nails, in less than an hour - and it didn't hurt! I know there will be some illustrations I can take from this experience in the future. Those definitely were two 'ugly' toes, and embarrassing whenever I would go to the beach with the grandkids or be tussling around the house.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for not posting photos.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is just a little irritated that I didn't save the nails .... something about a health lesson to his kids [my grandkids] on what NOT to do. He'll have to find another example.

    ReplyDelete