Saturday, September 10, 2011

A 9/11 memorial

I just found out while watching a memorial on 9/11, that the steel from the twin towers has been donated to different fire departments in towns across America .........AND one of those towns is the town I was born in in Wauseon Ohio. So I called my mom and told that when I am home for my regular weekly visit next week we are going to the town, and I want to see how they have fixed up the memorial ... this is really cool, I am already anticipating it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be a moving ceremony.

    OT: E-mail me the pages of the Bible you want translated, and I'll do it. And I never charge for stuff like that BTW. I've had translations of old family documents from Germany and German Occupied Czechoslovakia and Poland accepted by the Department of Homeland Security to establish birth dates, marriages and the like, so I think I can handle it. With Bibles, most of the family stuff is births, deaths, marriages and baptisms. The only difficulty is with handwriting which sometimes can be spotty. Plus, the older German script is substantially different than modern German writing convention. The good news is what I can't do, the EMBLOS can.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it a stab ......... thanks,friend!

    ReplyDelete