Friday, September 3, 2010

Chicago Gang Members say Police Harassing Them

As I read this article I didn't know what to do - cry, laugh or what? - as I heard different gang leaders complaining because the threat that the law was coming down on them. In one place a gang leader says, 'gangs are not the cause of the violence, you keep saying gang violence. It's drug-related. It's not gang related.' Now I'm confused, is he saying gangs exist because of drugs, so if we can wipe out drugs gangs will clean up their act, and if this is the case then wouldn't it be to the advantage of gangs to actively be working to eliminate drugs? I guess I have always, mistakenly evidently, labored under the concept that gangs controlled, made money from, and committed murders because of their greed and want to control the drug trade .... well, I've been wrong before. Now does prostitution, conterfieting, gambling, dog/cocks fights and illegal contrabanding fall under the same category?? For a more objective perspective of this article than my opinion you can read it at: http://cbs2chicago.com/local/gang.members.weis.2,1892495.html.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the article, but I'm sure if I was a gang leader, I'd be complaining of the heat I'm under, too. Question is, why does it make the news.

    ReplyDelete